Need text and content here. Description of page and services offered, etc.
What is my Building Permit Status?
Where do I pay for my permit? Can I pay online?
Short-Term Rental Licenses
Single-Family or Multi-Family Rental Licenses
Special Events Information
Homeowner Permits Information
Documents and Information
Frequently asked questions
The State of Maryland and Prince George’s County adopts the codes published by the International Code Council (ICC). For more information, please visit the Building Codes and Bulletins page.
The following are exempt:
- A one-story detached accessory structure on one- and two-family dwelling properties with less than 150 square feet of floor space not designed or intended for occupation or habitation and limited to 1 accessory structure only per property.
- All forms of paving less than 500 square feet except for parking surfaces.
- A retaining wall not greater than 2 feet in height unless supporting a structure.
- Fence not greater than 4 feet in height.
- Please refer to Subtitle 4. Section 4-111., IBC Section 105 for more information.
A permit under which no work has commenced within 180 days after issuance shall expire and become null and void. Please refer to Subtitle 4. Section 4-112 for more information.
The ground snow load (PG) is 35 pounds per square foot (PSF) per PG county amendment subtitle 4. Design snow loads shall be determined in accordance with Chapter 7 of the ASCE 7-10 Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures. However the minimum design roof snow load shall not be less than 30 PSF plus the drift per the county Subtitle 4 code amendment.
The frost depth is 2 feet 6 inches from finished grade to the bottom of the footing.