We’re here to help you. We’ve put together some commonly asked questions to give you information about the services we offer. If you can’t find answers to the questions you have please feel free to contact us.
can't find an answer?
The State of Maryland and Prince George’s County adopts the codes published by the International Code Council (ICC). For more information, please visit the Building Codes and Bulletins page.
The following are exempt:
- A one-story detached accessory structure on one- and two-family dwelling properties with less than 150 square feet of floor space not designed or intended for occupation or habitation and limited to 1 accessory structure only per property.
- All forms of paving less than 500 square feet except for parking surfaces.
- A retaining wall not greater than 2 feet in height unless supporting a structure.
- Fence not greater than 4 feet in height.
- Please refer to Subtitle 4. Section 4-111., IBC Section 105 for more information.